The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good Times at the Goodner's!

The fifth annual Chinese Auction Celebration at the Goodner's this past weekend was another success! Chap and I look forward to this every year, definitely one more fun Christmas events we attend =) Since each couple brings two gifts, one is usually very silly...one of my favorite parts.

Erica won the chocolate lottery with her gift...Chap did pick this out with her in mind =)


Kevin/Craig lucked out last year with an economy size package of toilet paper. This year...he wasn't as lucky =)


The Sham Wow was definitely a HOT item at this year's party. Here is Mike testing out Shelly's big win! Remember: Punch, not dab.


Here Russ, Alicia, and Shelly are doing another Sham Wow demonstration. This gift turned out to be quite the miracle =)


Hmmm...and here you can see Lauren is just thrilled with her new Dale Earnhart calander. Luckily, I think she got to trade this one in.

And the grand prize, brought by Colly, was the porta John. The guy that works outside couldn't have been more proud to take home this shiny new prize home. No, he has not tried it out yet...
....but Shelly did give practice run. Safety first.

Good times had by all! Thanks again Goodner's for the yummy dinner! Eating, laughing, and gifting with friends is always fun with you guys =)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your friends do such fun things together! Enjoy this now b/c once kiddos come it's not quite as easy to get out and do these fun things. :)

Chap and Heather said...

Jamie~ You're right! I try to enjoy myself now...they do a good job of reminding me too =)

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

WOW!! That was just a great time!!! I hate that we didn't stay longer!! I always get a chuckle out of the funny gifts!!! I got the ice tea maker and have already used it twice!! I must say I was jealous of the candy lottery!!! I can't wait for the next time we all get to hang out!!!! Good to see you this past weekend!!!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

that looks like so much fun. I really hate we missed it!! Jamie's right though, it's definately not as easy once the kiddos come.

Chap and Heather said...

Sarah~
So much fun seeing you guys! I hope you are feeling better...not getting the flu are you?

Amber~ We missed you guys too!!! There was lots of you and all the Columbia babies on the FANTASTIC slideshow Jenn made this year, made me cry lots =(

Jaysey said...

Always a good time @ the Goodner's Christmas Party! Thanks for letting us stay at your house!

Doug & Stef said...

I'm sure I don't get a lot of it - but even what I don't get is funny haha. In my head I just imagine a night of just laughing hysterically! haha - you all are so funny.

Colly said...

Always a great party!! Great pics, too!! I told Chap he couldn't use the potty until he buys the "Doodie Bags" (actual name of product) that go with it....That may be why he's hesitant. ;-) Sarah, I'm glad the tea maker is working out for you!!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I love this post! I'm so glad Chap wound up with the pooper. Do I need to put Doodie bags on my list for him? After you have children, you can still go to the parties if you have a mother/in-law willing to come to Rock Hill. Can we say Roxanne/Marilyn????

Matt and Dionne said...

You guys out in South Carolina sure know how to have a great time!!! I've been wanting to try out those Sham Wows...thanks for the demos:)

Anonymous said...

The party at the Goodner's must have been a blast!! You all have some of the greatest parties! Keep on having them!!!