The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tagged: "I Am..."

Tagged by Jamie!

*i am hungry
*i want food to magically appear.
*i have a wonderful family and amazing friends!
*i miss friends that have moved away.
*i fear not being able to have children.
*i hear the fire crackling and some show Chap is watching on Discovery Channel.
*i search for ways to be healthier.
*i wonder what my children will look like.
*i regret little, but sometimes I do wonder how my choices effected outcomes. Not sure if that’s considered a regret?
*i love teaching, books, dogs, babies, family, friends, my Christmas tree…I could go on and on.
*i forgive first…I hate conflict and do just about anything to get past it.
*i ache after the first snowboard trip each season.
*i always try to help people, I am a sucker for fixing problems or playing match maker.
*i try to be more patient.
*i seem to be a push over?? I think people know I avoid conflict at all costs and this can send the wrong message sometimes.
*i know I am lucky.
*i feel excited that my grad. class ended yesterday and that Chap only has one more semester left!! What will we do with our time??
*i dance a lot during "So You Think You Can Dance" season, and even more now around my house and in my car since I got my IPod.
*i dream of watching my parents become grandparents one day.
*i give to the Salvation Army bell ringers this time of year. I don’t know how to walk by without trying to find something to give. Today we went to the grocery store this morning around 9:30 and then went back by this evening around 6:00 and the SAME sweet man was outside ringing the bell. I thought that was pretty amazing.
*i listen to all kinds of music.
*i sing all the all the wrong words to songs.
*i laugh a lot…at Chap, my friends, the kids in my class, my Nephew Rollings, the Target lady on SNL. “Approved!”. Etc.
*i can't go to sleep without reading or watching tv first.
*i write a ton! I have a gross callous on my left middle finger from all the writing, I think that must happen to teachers a lot though.
*i cry fairly easily for a variety of reasons…my emotions have never been a secret.
*i sleep on road trips. I don’t think I’m a very good ‘wing man’.
*i am excited that all my shopping is done, presents are wrapped, and Christmas Break 2008 is almost here!
*i see not very well. I would LOVE lasik eye surgery!
*i need to do laundry!
*i should go to bed so I can finally finish, “Breaking Dawn”!

I tag Amber, Courtney, Sarah, and anyone else that wants to play! Just fill in the answer with the FIRST thing that comes to your mind.

10 comments:

Jaysey said...

Those bell ringers get me every time. My grandmother always used to give to them and said you always should because if you're walking into a store that means you have something to give, so you should. So I always feel very guilty if I don't throw something in.

Unknown said...

I loved your sleep on road trips thing. Scott says I have a knack for going to sleep 5 mins after we leave and waking up 5 mins before we get there!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

ok, that was me as I'm sure you guessed

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

This is such a fun post!!! I am with you on the sleeping and the salvation army!!! Thanks so much for tagging me!!!! I can't wait to do my first tag!!!!!

Matt and Dionne said...

Aw, I loved reading yours! You had some great anwers:) I second you on the lasik...my dream;)

Matt and Dionne said...

P.S. I LOVE your new background!!!

Chap and Heather said...

Dionne~ Thanks =) I got a little carried away with things on Saturday =) Also, my bf got Lasik as a Christmas gift a couple years ago from her parents...just an idea??!! I think it should be presented as follows: Mom...Dad...don't you want to give your daughter the gift that will last a lifetime?? A better view of the world?? etc., etc. How can they resist?? =)

Anonymous said...

So, have you finished Breaking Dawn? Did you ever see the movie Twilight? Or are you waiting until you finish all the books?
Most importantly, you WILL be a mother one day... I just know it! And you are going to be a fantastic one! You are in my prayers!

Matt and Dionne said...

Hehe:) I love your gift idea! PERFECT!!! I'll have to give it a try...I'll let you know if I'm successfull:) Matt actually had it done when we lived in AZ about 3 years ago. He can see so well now! I can't wait for my turn!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading all your answers. It gave me a little more insight into what you feel, since we don't get to talk that much. I give to the Salvation Army everytime I walk by, too. You know I'm excited to be a grandmother one day, but all in due time You know how sure I am that it will happen and I will have the most beautiful grandchild in the world!! Is there any reason you didn't tag me???!!! Did you think I would answer on your blog again instead of your and really embarrass myself again!!!!